The resonator guitar reviews database is here to help educate people before they purchase an instrument. Of course, this is not meant to be a substitute for playing the instrument yourself!
256 reviews in the archive.
Where Purchased: Music China Show in Shanghai
Here's a great little tuner to affix on your headstock. It's chromatic and response time is fairly fast. It can also be callibrated for other than 440hz tunings.
Easy to see/read but more or less invisible to your audience.
Overall Rating: 9
Where Purchased: Amazon.com
Been a punk rocker since high-school, at some point a couple years ago as I began to grow up, I figured it was time to delve into the blues.
This book has a few things I've found really useful:
1) It gives easy to read/understand tabs
2) in chronological order, so it is also something of a blues history book, from past to present
3) There are some licks for resonator, even in open tunings
4) There is a good mix of easy and hard, so you can pick the ones you want to learn first, not having to go through the book chronologically.
5) Comes with CD and every lick is played through normal speed, and then slowly
The more you listen and learn, the more your fingers can get a feel for different positions and runs. It really sparks creativity this way.
So if you're thinking about expanding your arsenal from beyond just power chords, this is a good place to start.
Overall Rating: 10
'Wechter Scheerhorn 6510F' 2 days
'Replogle cone' 2 days
'Arkansas Traveler' 3 days
'Acoustic Preamp' 4 days
'Regal RD-30 anatomy' 5 days
'Beaumont Rag' 5 days