Premier Sponsors

Resonator Guitar Lovers Online

Page:  First Page   1  2

Sep 28, 2022 - 7:32:23 AM
likes this

WGale

USA

16 posts since 4/15/2022

Just a couple of pictures of the Amazon case and my gear I refered to earlier, it works perfect for me. The capo is kept in a pocket that is part of my strap next to my right shoulder (custom made), always handy if I need it (got tired of digging it out of my pants pocket on stage). FYI: I have used this Leno capo for 30 years and have never lost it yet.

Sep 28, 2022 - 12:34:48 PM

503 posts since 11/28/2012

quote:
Originally posted by WGale

Just a couple of pictures of the Amazon case and my gear I refered to earlier, it works perfect for me. The capo is kept in a pocket that is part of my strap next to my right shoulder (custom made), always handy if I need it (got tired of digging it out of my pants pocket on stage). FYI: I have used this Leno capo for 30 years and have never lost it yet.

Thanks for the tip!  I bought one of these based on your post.  I already had a storage system for my main gear, but I carry a spare set of picks and bar that fit nicely in this handy pouch.  It stashes perfectly in my case compartment.  Yep, $13.  Cheap but effective.

Edited by - JC Dobro on 09/28/2022 12:35:54

Sep 28, 2022 - 1:08:29 PM

4240 posts since 7/27/2008

A piece of art like the Slyde Compartment it isn't, but with the exception of  no room for a capo it certainly gets the job done. 

Sep 29, 2022 - 10:46:41 PM

Anonyrat

Australia

16 posts since 3/28/2022

This is how I carry my picks / bars around. In my Reso case.

The White stuff is that hard packing foam. It doesn't flake everywhere like polystyrene and is easy to cut with a bread knife and hobby blade.

The lid of this compartment comes down and holds everything tight.

If anyone doesn't know what a Roadie 3 tuner is. I think it is one of the best things I have bought.

I have 12 ukes (4 and 8 strings / tenor and baritones) 13 Electric and acoustic guitars a reso and a couple of lap steels. THAT is a lot of tuning.. The Roadie 3 has a battery inside that is charged via USB.

It connects to a tablet app (BT) in which I set up the tunings for all my instruments. For the Reso tuning I have set up open G (GBDGBD) where the B's I have set them at -7 cents and the rest to zero. Then all I do is turn it on and put the winder part (right end as shown in photo) over the tuning pegs. It starts with G2 and it slightly winds the string down then up to the set pitch and it beeps and vibrates and then move on to the next B2 etc. Normally it would take me <10 secs to tune reso.

Sorry if the Roadie part was teaching you to suck eggs but I hope it was useful for some

Oct 4, 2022 - 1:45:19 AM

41 posts since 8/31/2009

I use a spring top purse, which is nicely compact and secure, and opens with one hand. A Charlie's capo will fit in as well, but it's a bit tight and I very rarely use it so I carry it separately. I've never had a problem with scratching or denting the bar, it's stainless steel and much harder than the pick material.

Oct 4, 2022 - 8:04:39 PM

LukeL

USA

340 posts since 5/11/2018

I have a Roadie 3 as well. I don't use it as much as I should but it's super neat.

Jan 17, 2023 - 6:40:11 AM

Dogwood

USA

80 posts since 6/2/2020

I use those plastic pill containers, just the right size for my bar, and another for my finger picks. I also use them for other picks and things. Keeps things clean and safe and easy to find. Fits in the guitar case nicely too.

Jan 18, 2023 - 1:39:40 PM

1324 posts since 8/4/2008

A while back, a friend of mine gave me a plastic case designed for holding pre-rolled marijuana cigarettes. It fit my bar and picks perfectly.

I don't know if this would be available in your area or not, but if you have a dispensary nearby, it wouldn't hurt to look.

I used to use an M&M minis container, but they changed the specs and cheapened the plastic.

Page:  First Page   1  2

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories